Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Trip to Florida!


I had a very exciting weekend! Thursday night Mom & Dad took me on my first plane trip! We flew to Orlando to see my Florida family and friends. We had a late night flight, so by the time the plane took off, Mom & Dad said I was sound asleep. I don't really remember it, so I guess they're right! By the time we landed in Atlanta it was the next morning, so that was pretty cool! Overall, flying wasn't a bad thing! Though Mom & Dad said they "burned" a bunch of their miles so we could fly first class for my first trip! A girl could get used to that! Plenty of room to stretch out, warm towels, fresh baked cookies...well, I really only took advantage of the leg room, but Mom & Dad loved it!Here are a couple pictures from the plane:










Then we flew to Orlando and Grandma, Grandpa, Aunty Katy, and Uncle Eddie came to pick us up!


















Back at Grandma & Grandpa's house, I met Milada and Tank. They are way bigger than Sophie! But we had fun...Milada hung out with me on my new playmat!




Grandma & Grandpa set up Mommy's crib from when she was a baby, so that's where I slept! It wasn't much different than home...Grandma decorated with Winnie the Pooh which is pretty cool!





I got to hang out with lots of people! I met some great aunts & uncles, new friends, lots of Mom & Dad's friends.








Friday night we met a bunch of friends and family at this restaurant that Mom & Dad love, they say they get "real" chicken wings there. Then I hung out with Grandma & Grandpa for the night while Mom & Dad and Aunty Katy & Uncle Eddie went to see some movie about wizards or something.


Saturday we went to Wendy & Warren's wedding, my first wedding! There was even another girl there was was 8 days older than me! We both were really good during the wedding. It was outside (and we all know that I love being outside!) so I watched the trees and birds and stuff during the ceremony. Then we danced until really late! I was a party animal!


Sunday a bunch of friends and family came over for a BBQ. Mom & Dad decided to buy a Nintendo Wii and they played it ALL DAY! They were really funny to watch:)


Monday we were supposed to fly out, but just as we were getting ready to leave, they found out our flight got canceled! So Mom & Dad spent a long time on the phone that day. So darn...we had to stay an extra night! We went out to Gatorland, where Aunty Katy works, to meet some of her friends. We got this cool picture taken while we were there!


I saw my first gators! They were HUGE! I also felt rain, saw lightening, and heard thunder all for the first time! It was crazy! Mom & Dad said that as long as they were in town for another night, they would go see another movie. So Grandma & Grandpa babysat again:





Grandpa, Milada, and I fell asleep together...



Today we flew back home, it was a nice flight! But it was tough to say goodbye to everybody:(


Well if you want to check out a bunch more photos from my trip to Orlando, here is a link:



Everyone says that I'm getting stronger...I'm getting pretty good and holding my head up steady when someone sits me up. I'm also pretending to stand up when Mom & Dad hold me up so I can try. I'm figuring out how to talk a little more...all I've got so far is "agoo" but hey! I'm getting there!































No comments: