Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Beach Camping

We had a fabulous weekend! We met Kristopher & Ella and Alyssa & Amanda at Dillon Beach to camp for the weekend. We got out there just in time for dinner and s'mores. Joy & Sam came out later, I was ready for bed by the time they arrived!

Saturday morning we got up and had some breakfast, then went for a walk on the beach! I rode in a backpack on Mommy's back, and just couldn't stay awake. When I woke up we played in the sand and found some crabs! Check them out:

The water was pretty cold, so we didn't go in. We just got good and dirty in the sand!

Afterwards we went back to the campsite to play. I found this really cool necklace to wear. I even tried to put it on Harley boy, but it looked better on a girl:)


The parents all played some bocce ball, cooked some food. Marie & Olivier joined us at the campsite! Then it was time for the shrimp boil, yum!


The campsite didn't have electricity, so that meant no drive-in-walk-up movie theater. But Marie did bring her dvd player, so we were able to watch a flick. We had s'mores, hung by the fire. By then I was ready for bed...

Sunday we had some chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, thanks Beepers! We took another walk to the beach. I took another nap in the backpack. Everyone else played in the water, and got all wet! On the way back, everyone rolled down the sand dune and got covered in sand! After a quick rinse at the trailer, we packed up and headed out for lunch. We went to get some lunch and then headed home.

We spent the rest of the day relaxing. Camping is so fun but so exhausting!

Back to school Monday morning. Today we had cupcakes to celebrate my friend Lily's first birthday. This weekend I'm going to her birthday party. I can't wait!





1 comment:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Looks like fun but it also looks like it was FREEZING!!!