Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

Well we are back at home, and mostly unpacked! It was a great trip, I saw lots of friends and family. And I got a ton of presents! We arrived Friday morning, and went out to Aunty Katy's and Grandpa's jobs to surprise them! Aunty Katy's coworkers tricked her, they said she had to come to the office to get a package, and the package was me! She was really happy:) Then we drove to Grandpa's job to see it and say hi to him.

Saturday Mommy threw a bridal shower for Aunty Illy, she is getting married in February. We had a lot of fun, played a lot of games. I hung out with my friend Alexa, she is a lot bigger than me but she is really funny!

Sunday we went to see Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede! It was really cool! Lots of bright lights, horses, singing...they even had racing pigs and ostriches! Our pigs won the race, we sat on the "Northpole" side of the crowd. Here is a picture of one of the pretty horses from the show...




Monday was Christmas Eve, and we went over to Uncle Pat and Aunt Mimi's house. I saw a bunch of my family that I haven't seen in a while, and Aunty Katy and Uncle Eddie took me to look at some really cool lights nearby. Then we headed back to Grandma & Grandpa's house to get to sleep before the big guy came by to visit!

Christmas morning Mommy & I were up first, so we went room to room and woke everyone up! During the night Santa had come to visit, and the there were a ton of presents under the tree!! Most of them were for me too:) Speaking of the tree, Grandma & Aunty Katy decorated it especially for me! It had lots of pink ornaments and pictures of me on it! Way to flatter a girl! :)



I got lots of great stuff, a Radio Flyer wagon, a music table, lots of ducky stuff (since you know I love the duckies!). Here I am with my new Christmas bear, surrounded by presents and wrapping paper!

Then we took it easy for a few days. Mommy got sick and Daddy played lots of Guitar Hero with Uncle Eddie and Aunty Katy. I played with my toys, ate, slept...it was a nice vacation!

Friday night everyone was feeling better and we went out to celebrate Grandma's, Uncle Eddie's, and Mommy's birthdays at Buca Di Beppo. I had squash, bet you didn't know that was on the menu? Everyone else had pasta and stuff.


Saturday morning we got up way early and flew home. Then we each took turns sleeping, and getting better the rest of the weekend. Monday I went to school, Mommy and Daddy went to work. But Monday night we went to a party!

Aunt Kathrin & Uncle Jim had a sleep over at their house! We went over and I hung out with my friends Kristopher & Ella, Marie & Olivier, and Abby (Logan wasn't feeling up to coming). So we stayed up late, and then supposedly the grown ups had a party after we went to bed! I heard they played lots of video games and drank something called "bubbly"? Then we took it easy the next morning, ate some breakfast, watched some football. Then today it was back to the normal routine!

Guess what! I've got my second tooth! It's on the bottom, next to my first tooth. This cutting tooth business is not fun! I'm also crawling, up to 6 "steps" at a time. It's really all the further I need to go to get a toy:) I've been eating lots of stuff too, today I just tried carrots for the first time! Though I heard if you eat too many carrots it turns your nose orange!










1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Sweet Amelia! We all loved our week with you and Mommy and Daddy so much here in Florida! Your 1st Christmas, your 1st visit to Santa! It was such joy to walk in to pick you up out of the crib after a nap or in the morning and see your radiant smile to see us. Even though most of us got sick, we took turns taking care of each other and you so it was good you were here for that week - Mommy could rest a lot and we had so much fun with extra time for you. We saw your first official pushing yourself to sitting, saw your first official beginning to crawl, your beautiful first tooth for our precious first grandchild. We got the joys of feeding you as you begin baby food, walks in the stroller around the block, so many things, first things to be part of that will be wonderful memories. Precious Amelia, you truly made this a Christmas week we needed so much and loved every minute of. I love you so much. Lots of love and kisses, Grandma.