Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Big 0-1!!



Wow! Can you believe it?!? I'm a whole year old!


It sure has been a great year. I've been on lots of trips, from Reno, to Southern California, to Florida, to the Caribbean, to Mexico! I've spent time with so many friends and so much family. My parents and I have spent the past year really getting to know each other, and falling in love. It's been such a great year, and we are so happy.

Today has been a great birthday! It actually started yesterday afternoon, when Auntie Katy surprised me and came to daycare! She flew in yesterday afternoon. Then this morning when I woke up, two more visitors had arrived! Grandma and Auntie Chrissie arrived overnight! So everyone came in to wish me a happy birthday first thing this morning. I got lots of hugs and kisses!

Then we went up to school so I could celebrate my birthday with all of my friends. Here is a picture of my first cake:


I wasn't so sure about the cupcakes, but Jack and Phillip sure were:


Then we went to meet Daddy for lunch:


Afterwards, we went back to the house to nap. Mommy had to go into work for a bit, Daddy also had to work today, so I stayed home with Grandma and Auntie Katy. Auntie Chrissie came home after she finished a meeting, and we played all afternoon! I took a little bit of a nap, then it was time to start playing again! We went to dinner to celebrate:

They brought me a giant piece of cake with a candle in it, and sang "Happy Birthday" to me!

Then it was time to go home and open some presents. Here I am in my new chair from Mommy & Daddy, and reading one of the books from Auntie Katy. Among lots of other stuff, Grandma gave me a jack-in-the-box, he sure is funny! Auntie Chrissie bought me all the "Amelia Bedelia" books she could find! I can't wait to read them all!


Thanks for all of the birthday wishes from everyone, I definitely can feel the love! I can't wait to see everyone on Saturday!


1 comment:

shamrockgrl74 said...

Happy Birthday Amelia! We tried to send you a birthday wish yesterday, but mommy must have typed something wrong, beause it got sent back to her. We can't wait to party with you on Saturday.

Love, Abby & Logan