Saturday, August 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Aunty Katy!

What a week!  My family came to visit.  Grandma flew out a few days ago (see previous post) and then Grandpa, Aunty Katy, and Uncle Eddie arrived!  We've had a blast!  It started with a trip to Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, which was so cool!  There were so many animals, and great shows.  At the end of the day, Amelia & I were super tired, so Grandma & Grandpa took us home.  Mommy, Daddy, Aunty Katy, & Uncle Eddie stayed to ride a bunch of grown-up rides.  I think I heard they had fun:)




Saturday morning started with swim lessons.  We went a little early so Daddy & Uncle Eddie could swim with Amelia in the pool.  That evening Connor & Katy came over to play.  Another good time!

Sunday was Aunty Katy's birthday!  We celebrated by going to the Polynesian Festival in Santa Cruz.  Lots of cool music, shave ice, yummy seafood.  (Okay, maybe I didn't have any seafood.  But everyone else said it was good!)  We walked over to the boardwalk, rode some rides, and ate some more.  We were all wiped out!  But we had just enough strength left to stop for ice cream at Marianne's, a famous place in Santa Cruz. 



Monday Mommy & Amelia had dentist appointments, and I had my 9-month checkup.  I weighed in at 18 1/2 lbs, am 28 3/4" long, and measured 18" around my head.  The doctor is super happy with my progress!  I'm beating big sister, I'm a whole inch longer than her (at the same age)!  

Tuesday we hung around and played.  Grandpa had to go home:(  Gymnastics class, dinner.  Nice relaxing day:)

Wednesday we had a day around home.  Daddy & Uncle Eddie went to see a movie.  Mommy & Aunty Katy went and did some shopping.  Thursday we went to Traintown in Sonoma.  What a cool place!  We took a train ride, fed some animals at the petting zoo, and Amelia got to ride some rides!  Afterwards we went for lunch in downtown Sonoma, at an Irish Pub.  Then we slept the whoooole ride home!



Friday we got ready for Aunty Katy & Uncle Eddie to leave:(  We had dinner out together, and then headed home.  That night they left for Florida:(  Miss you guys already!


No comments: