Thursday, October 1, 2009

Trip to Orlando

Mommy and I had our first (and probably only) trip as just the two of us! We missed Daddy like crazy but he had a ton of work to do and couldn't come along:( We flew to Orlando to see everyone. It was pretty cool! I helped Mommy out the whole trip because I know Mommy is also taking care of Baby Sister in her belly:) We had a great flight, played a lot, I even carried my own pillow!

The trip was great! It started with a visit to Gatorland. They have new birds in the aviary, so I got to go in and feed them! It's so cool, you hold popsicle sticks with birdseed stuck to them, and the birds land right on your arms!




Then we visited the petting zoo. Grandma & I fed the goats, cows, even the llama! It snuck up on us and totally scared Grandma:)



We had a lot of fun during the week. We even convinced Grandpa to go to the mall with us! He and I just walked around, checked out the giant dolls without heads (he said they're called mannequins). We shared some gelato afterwards!



Grandma found this super cool place to go called the Old Sugar Mill. You get to cook your own pancakes! Mommy made Mickey-shaped ones for me. Afterwards we played in the water at the springs and explored the museum they had there. It was a blast!



We spent lots of time just hanging out, taking it easy. Overall a great trip!




1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Amelia, my precious granddaughter,
Grandpa and I, Auntie Katy and Uncle Eddie and all our animals just loved having you and mommy here in Florida. We missed your daddy also. You were a big help to Grandpa! That sure was funny at Gatorland when we got scared by the llama! Wow, he is so tall and we're not. It was a fun day. We tried so hard to get food to the baby goats. It was a wonderful, relaxing time. I still have your "Nemo" and hear you played that with Marie. I love your big girl room, and thank you my darling, we all had loads of fun getting it ready for the most precious girl in the world. I loved being a part of it. I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks, and then we get to welcome baby sister! That is going to be such a wonderful, loving day for your whole family! I love you so much and miss you with all my heart. All my love, Grandma.