Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas from Kauai!

So we've been here in Hawaii for a couple of days now, and I'm finally getting a chance to use the computer. We flew out to meet the Lefevres on Tuesday (along with Beeper's mom). We're staying in a condo on the beach- right next door to Marie and Olivier's place! We've been hanging out a lot, hitting the beach, and exploring the rain forests and canyons of this amazing island.


Here we are looking at the Kalalau Valley (man these words are hard to say - I guess they only have twelve letters or so, so you need a lot of syllables) - 4000 feet up. Daddy says he and Uncle Stephane are going to hang glide off of something like this cliff - but I was content just standing on the edge.


Today Mommy, Daddy and I went on a jungle hike and found this waterfall. The hike itself was pretty tough (I guess - I didn't have any trouble riding in the backpack) since the path was steep and slippery. Mommy and Daddy were covered in red mud at the end of the hike. For once, I was the clean one!



This is the Waimea canyon. I slept for most of the trip around the canyon - but I heard that Mark Twain called this place Hawaii's Grand Canyon.




We all went to the beach on Wednesday. I played in the surf and watched as Marie and Olivier zoomed around on their boogie boards.

2 comments:

shamrockgrl74 said...

Logan & I are SO jealous. :) Have lots of fun for us. We can't wait to hear all about it.

Sarah Elizabeth said...

So beautiful!!

P.S. I left you something on my blog! :-)