Sunday, February 24, 2008

Here's How We're Doing...

So as you can see from our last post, our family lost a great member, our dog Sophie. Since losing Sophie to cancer, we have been doing our best to remember the good times, and know that she is in a better place now. Our friends have been doing a really great job of taking care of us during this really difficult time.

Our friends Shawn, Michelle, and Connor had us over for dinner. Then Beepers and Uncle Stephane brought Marie & Olivier and food for the entire weekend over. It was nice, Mommy & Daddy had not been up for cooking and everyone was tired of take out. So they came over Saturday morning and we went to the Jungle. (The Jungle is a giant indoor playground and pizza place near our house.) Then we went to get frozen yogurt (well, they got frozen yogurt) and I took a nap in my stroller. All of that playing was exhausting! Then Beepers made dinner and Uncle Stephane made drinks at home. Daddy and Uncle Stephane set up a tent in our living room and we played and had fun!



Sunday we got up and went to the Oakland Zoo. Aunty Ginny, Uncle Jason, Abby, and Logan met us there. We had a really great day! Then afterwards everyone came back to the house and Beepers made dinner again. Monday we all went out to breakfast and then we got ready for the week.

This weekend we went to another wedding! Charity and Robert got married at the Officer's club in Alameda (finally, a wedding within driving distance of my crib!). I had a good time, and hung out with another kid my age (or close), Aurora.




Dad had a bottle of something, so I thought I would take a sip. He tricked me though, and wouldn't actually let me have any. Must be that special "grown-up milk" I've been hearing about. Mom says it tastes terrible anyway. Maybe I'll try it again, in about 20 years.



It seems like I end up sleeping through part of each wedding, it sure was comfy in Mommy's arms:)



Sunday we went to Connor's birthday party. He turned two. I had a great time, playing with all the kids! Guess what else I did - climbed a whole flight of stairs! Daddy said going up is a whole lot easier than coming down, so he followed right behind me.

Overall, we're just trying to return to "life as normal," or some sort of new normal life. Sophie was such a huge part of our life that it won't ever be the same. But someday I hope Mommy and Daddy will tell me some great stories about Sophie, so we never forget her.



1 comment:

Linda said...

Dearest Amelia - Nine months old today my darling granddaughter!! Wow, you're growing up too fast. Mommy called us last night on the way home from your checkup and told us about your growth info, and I could hear you "talking" away, music to my ears. Your Mommy talked all the time, too, when she was a baby! I miss you, Mommy, Daddy, and Sophie too, so very much. You are right when "you" wrote that Mommy and Daddy will be able to tell you wonderful stories about Sophie and how much she loved you and you loved her, lots of pictures and videos. They loved Sophie so much and miss her dearly. Your Mommy told me just the other day that when she decided to move from Florida to California to be closer to your Daddy, Sophie was her very best friend, never to be forgotten. We'll each be able to add our own fun and happy memories of Sophie. She was such a sweetheart. I love your picture in the tent with Logan and Marie, looks like lots of fun. I can't wait to see you again. All my love, Grandma