Friday, November 13, 2009

A New Branch on the Family Tree!

Ok - so you may have noticed the change in title on the blog. My baby sister, Penelope Lee, was born on November 11! I've been waiting so long for her, and I'm so excited that she's here! She'll help me write this, and we'll share this blog!


So Tuesday Mommy started having contractions. Around dinner time they were coming and going, and we had a great dinner. (Grandma made Mommy's favorite - pot roast and brown potatoes!) After dinner we had a normal evening (or so I thought!) and I went to bed. When I woke up, Grandma said Mommy and Daddy were at the doctor. (Turns out kids were not allowed at the hospital). So I went to school for the day. After school, Daddy came home to visit and told me Baby Penny had arrived! Here, I'll let Mommy and Daddy tell the story:




Around 9 pm contractions started, about 5 minutes apart. They were pretty strong, and quickly started getting closer together. Brian made the call that we should head over to the hospital since they quickly turned to being 3 or 4 minutes apart. We hopped in the car and zoomed off to the hospital! When we checked in about 11 pm I was dilated to 4 cm, so we were admitted! We headed to our room to get settled in. Since we had about seven hours from check in to pushing with Amelia, we fully expected that again. About 1:30 am I got my epidural, which was wonderful. Brian and I dozed off and on for a little while. At 3:00 am they came in to check and found (much to our surprise) that I was fully dilated! Wow! I was pretty exhausted, so they let us rest for another hour so the baby could come down a little further. At 4:00 am they came in and got all set up. At 4:20 we started pushing, and at 4:31 am Baby Penny arrived! She was 20.5", 7 lb 7 oz, and 13" head circumference. Her APGAR scores were 8 and 9. Yay! A happy and healthy baby! Now I'll pass you back to Amelia...

Here are some pictures from Penny's birth - taken by my daddy and mommy (since I wasn't allowed in the hospital). Welcome to the family Penny! I can't wait to show you the ropes.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi my darlings,
Now I can write darlingS!! Our precious Amelia joined by our precious Penny! I love the perfect new name of your blog, two beautiful and awesome sisters. I loved spending time at your house, helping you, mommy, and daddy get ready for Penny and surprise, there she was a few days early! Amelia, while I was there, I could see how much you love your baby sister, you love to hold her, so gentle with her, help out with her whenever Mommy or Daddy asks. You are an extra special sister! I miss you and Penny. Grandpa and I had a great time with you, Penny, Mommy and Daddy while we were out there. You did so well with our surprise to Mommy about Grandpa. It is going to be so much fun as you and Penny both start writing on the blog, watch you grow up together. We love and miss you all very much with all our hearts.

Your Samma and Sampa
P.S. Thank you my darling for wanting to call Samma this morning to tell me what you were doing. Highlight of my day!